2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
Are you asking yourself how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? Well, the quick answer is one to two adult male moose! Actually, it can be between 2,000 and 3,500 pounds, depending on which configuration you select, which is slightly more than two adult moose. However, no matter which configuration you’ve gone with, you’ll be able to enjoy the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity alongside the legendary Jeep 4×4 technology which can handle anything on Pasadena roads. Find your 2021 Jeep Wrangler at Gulfgate Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, and then take it for a test drive today by contacting us.
How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
All jokes aside about moose weight, the 2021 Jeep Wrangler has a towing capacity limit of 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. But the Wrangler towing capacity is tied to the model and trim that you select, so it’s important to keep that in mind.
- All 2-door models have a limit of 2,000 pounds, while the 4-door models can reach 3,500 pounds.
- While most trim levels are available in either 2-door or 4-door configurations, the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door SUVs. That means these trims can always tow up to 3,500 pounds of heavy cargo.
Which Jeep Wrangler 4×4 system is best suited for towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses a two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing because it allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. Of course, it also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures that take you over rough terrain.
If you have any questions about how much the Jeep Wrangler can tow for Pearland drivers, or about any of the features available on the Jeep Wrangler, our staff is ready to help you find the right one to fit your needs.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
There are a number of additional towing features, beyond the Jeep 4×4 system, that help set the Wrangler apart. Select models receive tons of standard features that can take on any challenge. Every model has a front and rear heavy-duty tow hook standard. However, if you want maximum towing, then you’ll want the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group package, which contains:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Get Your Hands on a New Jeep Wrangler Today
Now that you know more about how much can the 2021 Jeep Wrangler tow, it’s time to take advantage of the test drive near Baytown. Our finance department is also ready to help you take home a new Jeep Wrangler that the entire family will love.