How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
If you’re shopping for a RAM 1500 for sale in Houston, you may be wondering: how much can a RAM 1500 tow? The simple answer is: with the proper equipment, the 2020 RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds. With this staggering accomplishment, the RAM 1500 earned a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. To learn more about the RAM 1500 towing capacity with Gulfgate Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, read below, then contact us to see our RAM 1500 inventory!
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity And Engines
The RAM 1500 comes in multiple trim levels with several engine options, each with their performance capabilities that will serve all types of drivers in Pasadena. Each engine is paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a quick look at the RAM 1500 towing capacity:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I:
- 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum towing capability of 7,730-pounds
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine:
- 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum towing capacity of 11,610-pounds
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine:
- 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum towing capacity of 12,750-pounds
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine:
- 260 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum towing capacity of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class
Depending on the trim, the payload capacity of a new RAM 1500 ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
When it comes to the RAM 1500 towing capacity, the RAM 1500 doesn’t rely on engine power alone. This light-duty pickup offers some of the best features in its class to help you tow a camper or equipment through Pearland. Here are a few examples:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Baytown roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Test Drive a RAM 1500 With Gulfgate Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram!
Now that you know more about how much a RAM 1500 can tow, compare it to the RAM 2500 to see which one has the power you need! Visit us at Gulfgate Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram to meet our new RAM 1500 inventory. We can also help you with RAM 1500 lease deals, apply for financing, and value your trade-in, so you get your new RAM 1500 at a discount.
More from Gulfgate Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
The Wrangler 4xe is known for its off-road capabilities and open air driving experiences in Pasadena, but there’s more to the vehicle than those impressive abilities. It also contains towing capabilities that will add to your driving experience! There are towing features to make your towing experience a smooth and quick one as well….
Pasadena drivers that know their trucks are impressed with the 2022 RAM 1500 interior for many reasons. The RAM 1500 provides more than robust towing capacity; it also includes state-of-the-art technology to keep connected and entertained on your Pearland drives and generous RAM 1500 passenger volume. Learn more about the all-new 2022 RAM 1500…
Looking for the best of both worlds for the way you drive in Pearland? Then take a look at the 2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe MPG. With both gasoline and a plug-in-powered hybrid motor the Jeep Wrangler 4xe hybrid MPG can hit a phenomenal combined city/highway 49 miles per gallon/kilowatt. Car Buying TipsCDJR Research …